Saturday, November 18, 2006

Politicians Win the Midterm!

I hate politics. This is wierd, because in High school I was an unoffical Jr Republican. I thought the Republicans totally rocked... especially Ronald Reagan, who was my hero. He was an awesome guy.
However, as I have grown older and more mature in my faith, I am no longer a Republican (I am not a Democrat either). I am a Christ follower, and I have learned that the Kingdom of heaven cannot be forced on people by politcal power, or any power for that matter. The Kingdom is invisible, and comes through people who choose to "elect" Christ as master, and embrace his values as their own. It advances when we life like and love like Jesus... it spreads like a contagious disease... people catch it by contact with other "infected" Christians whose supernatural love and grace is subversive.
The Onion is not a Christian, or wholesome newspaper, but this headline really connected with me.