Wednesday, November 22, 2006

More

All man's efforts are for his mouth, yet his appetite is never satisfied.
~ Ecclesiastes 6:7

*I always want a little more that I have...
to spend more than I make....
to eat more than I need...
to consume more than is healthy...
to do a little more than I can...
to make a little more than I do...
When I give in to the desire for more it leaves me empty....
... Leveraging all of my resources to gain more depletes my reserves and my resources...
...By not holding back, I end up worse than empty... chained by a variety of financial, relational and heath debts that must eventually be paid.

On the other hand, the Bible challenges us to live on a little less than we have.
...To save for a rainy day...
...to have margin so that we can help others...
...to have space in our life to love...

The Bible says that our fullness comes from something other than what we have...

For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and you have been given fullness in Christ,
~Colossians 2:9-10





Clay Guy images are captures from a movie called MORE. It is my favorite short film ever.
  • Watch MORE now?!?