

Psalm 145:16 says,
You open your hand
and satisfy the desires of every living thing.
This verse is one of the clearest showing God's hand in blessing all living beings. There is not a spiritual and unspiritual part of life... all of life is a blessing from the hand of God...
everything that I enjoy is from him.
But in thinking through how this sometimes does not line up with my experience, I wondered how does God satisfy?
I am sure there are more, but two ways stood out to me.
1. Sometimes God satisfies others through me.
When I am faithful to him and allow him to use me then often I find he uses me to answer the prayers of another. Or he uses another to answer my prayer. I know I can’t change the world for everyone… but I can change it for a few people if I am willing…
2. Sometimes God alone knows how he is going to satisfy needs bigger than I can imagine.
I experienced both of these truths in Ukraine in 2000. A team that I was on was able to visit an orphanage there. One of the many rooms had about 30 infants in it, and only two ladies who worked there. They also had many other rooms to attend to. While I was in the room I wanted to hold all of the babies... I wanted to take them all home with me, but my hands were not big enough… I could helped a little and for about an hour, I impacted the world of these little infants in a real way. But I was not their true provision. An even if I could have taken all 30 home, this was only one room of one orphanage in one country on one continent. God alone can sort out issues like this...
But even here... maybe he will sort it out by moving hundreds of thousands of his faithful ones to be his hands, feet, and adopted parents worldwide...