Friday, April 18, 2008

My Leadership Guru: Patrick Lencioni.


I love Patrick Lencioni's Leadership Fables.

First and for-most I love his writing style. He writes fictional stories where you learn the principals of his leadership style through the events and decisions of the people in the narrative. So you sorta watch as they figure out the problem and then struggle to solve it.

Then Patrick has a brief conclusion where he explains his principles in case you missed them in the story.

I have greatly enjoyed all of his books and can recall close to 85% of the content even thought I read some of them almost 5 years ago. The story makes the points easy to understand and remember.

I like them all but would rate them in this order:

1. The Five Disfunction's of a Team (A must read!)
2. 3 Signs of a Miserable Job
3. 4 Obsessions of Extraordinary Executives
4. Death By Meeting
5. Silos
6. 5 Temptations of a CEO (good book, but it has the same principles as Five Disfunctions, and I like that one better)