Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Movement Series at Impact...

Tonight is week #2 of a three part series that I am doing with the 20something at Elmbrook. The series is: "Movement...a part of a larger story... a group pursuing a cause... the act of going..."
Last week I talked about the story we are in. Unless we know the story that we are in, life has no meaning. Individual events cannot really be understood without a context, and even words do not have definitive meanings... context gives meaning to everything... The larger story we are in gives meaning to events, and days, and conversations, and to all of life. If someone misunderstands the story that they are in, it leads to great comedy at first... and often to tragedy.
As I read the Bible I find that it presents a compelling "meta" story that we are all in. It makes sense to me. I see God's early command to the first humans to fill the earth and care for it mirrored in Jesus prayer, "Father... your will be done on earth as it is in heaven." I think we are part of God's story to redeem all things.

The real question is "what's my part in the story?" Where are each of us to help him make things more like heaven?