I hate school. I know I am not supposed to... that I am supposed to celebrate how blessed i am to learn and to study theology, but I don't love it... and I am really struggling to be thankful even though i know i should be. I love learning, and I love that I now know about Hebrew and Greek. But I hate the authoritarian structure of school where learning is controled by power structures and systems. Considering how much there is to know about the universe, much less God, aren't we all really learning together? Does a teacher or an institution own the truth they are purveying? Especially in Christian circles, I think we would do well to cease being and creating experts, and to focus instead on creating communities of seekers who are seeking God together. As the book of Hebrews says,
"And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely SEEK him." Hebrews 11:6 (NLT)
Ok, so I struggle with anger over school... I guess I am still thankful that even this fallen expression which i really dislike, is better than nothing. It is better than not having a place to learn about God at a higher level. I am thankful for how the knowlege of God that I have found has helped me to be more effective in my search for him. Learning about him is worth the struggle...
PIC: http://pradamama.pansitan.net/hello/212/1555/640/School%20Bus%20Lance.jpg