Sunday, August 13, 2006

The Gathering & Letting go of the past...


I was thinking lately about how much I miss the Gathering...
The Gathering was a community of young adults that I used to be part of, but which no longer exists...

I do not miss the program... or the building we held is in, but I really miss the community of people that came.

They were in many ways the closest circle of friends I ever had.

For a season, the amazing people who made up the Gathering were so interwoven in my life, and now I only run into one of them in passing, or once in a great while.

It is really sad... but I guess unavoidable...

the lives that twenty somethings live is so unstable... with college, jobs, relationships, marriage, babies, & more causing great upheavals and moves.


Regardless, I miss the community that I was a part of... it is almost like lost family members.



I miss:

Cookouts,

Camping,

House worships,

Nuemann's Cabin,

Xtreme Worships,

Winter retreats,

the $10 retreat series,

Tuesday nights,

Ministry Team Retreats,

Game nights,

Superbowl Parties,

New Years Experiments,

Star Wars openings,

Worship Practice,

Ministry Team meetings,

Trips to My Parents house,

Burning down chicken coops,

& all the other activities where I was part of the Gathering Community...


I believe that the Glory days of the past are not the only Glory to be had in my life... They cannot be regained... they are over...and I have had to let go of them in order to move forward... BUT. There are new Glory days that are yet to be revealed... And I am living in them now...