Friday, September 30, 2005

Living broken in a shattered world

http://www.bluelikejazz.com/home.htm
I think that there is somthing really wrong with me. I am guessing maybe it is wrong with everyone, but it feels especially wrong with me.

When I was reading Searching for God Knows What, by Donald Miller, it occured to me that he was right... He says, "... now that God was gone [after the fall], now that he wasn’t around to help us feel that we were loved and important and good, we were looking for it in each other, in a jury of peers." (SFGKW pg 94)

"I know without a doubt that I am a person who is wired so that something outside of myself tells me who I am… It is as though the voice God used to have has been taken up by less credible voices." (Pg 95)

So yeah... I hear voices... Lots of them... Maybe one of them is yours.