Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Storying and the Merge Conference.


A few years ago while working with a team for a national youth conference, I was exposed to the practice of biblical storying. This method uses story and imagination to help students grasp who God is, instead of the more traditional lecture/sermon model. There were many things that I liked about it. It really caused me to rethink how I had been teaching the bible. I realized that in many ways, having the right Picture of the Story that we are living in, is more important than knowing lots of trivia about God.

If you have never heard of, or thought about biblical storying then I would encourage you to check out these websites to get a better feel of what it is, and how it could help you in your ministry:

ECHO the STORY

Chronological Bible Storying

If you happen to work with students and want to expose your students to the world of Storying, MERGE is the best Student Storying Conference that there is. Students who go will experience  God's Story through creative storytelling, art and media, and hands on interaction.