Thursday, August 23, 2007

Internal Personality Conflict Syndrome

I have a neurosis... ok admittedly it is one that I have made up myself... but I still think it counts.

I find that I am restless way more than I think is normal. I am not an expert, and have done no real research, but I just sorta feel like most people are not as restless as I am.

When I am with people... I often find myself longing for more alone time... if I am alone... I am almost immediately struck by crashing waves of loneliness... it is like I am an unstable fusion of an introvert and an extrovert. I feel like this would make for a really funny movie, but I must admit it isn't always quite as funny in real life.

Here are some examples:

...Sometimes my office will fell oppressive, so I will go to Caribou to work... and as soon as I am sitting and working... I feel like I am so distracted that I would be better off in my office...

...Often I will stop working on something and schedule some "group" time to collaberate on it... but once I am in the "group" I just want it to be done so I can work on it by myself

...Sometimes I go into a store to but something... the whole reason I have driven across town is just for this purchase... then when I get to the store... I will decide that it couldn't possibly be worth it... and not buy it... by the time I am home again, It is all I can do to not turn around and go back... which I sometimes do and then get half way home and wonder if I could return my purchase...



All of this to say, I most of me is pretty sure have Internal Personality Conflict Syndrome and I am afraid that I am the only one who does... But I half want to be alone with it...

maybe there is a group I can join for people like myself... that has lots of very short meetings.





Let me know if you also think I am crazy.