Friday, March 02, 2007

The Life (five-three)

Hey... for the next month I am mainly writing at a new blog that is for a series I am doing with my Middle School students. Feel free to check it out.

The series is called "The Life" and it is about Jesus life and ours. As part of it, we challenged everyone in our ministry to do the "five-three challenge."

This is a committment to spend 5 minutes reading the Bible, 5 minutes talking to God, 5 times a week... thus 3 fives...

It sounds so simple, but I think that many of us have a hard time even committing a few minutes a day to reflecting on the God that we love... Life just seems more important than God... but... if I am really "following" Jesus... I have to shape my life around the time I spend with him. This truth has been convicting to me, and I am trying to really wrestle it down.

If you are a Christian... what does your walk with God look like?


Check it out: the life (five-three)