I recently had the opportunity to speak at Elmbrooks 20something ministry. I had a great time, and it brought back really good memories from when I used to be a 20something pastor. It is a awesome age to work with.As part of my talk on the parrable of the shrewd manager in Luke 16, I thought about some of the best excuses I have come up with for why I waste large chunks of my life waiting for something... I am not sure what ... but something. I have noticed I am not the only young adult to struggle with this... what do you think of my excuses?
Common excuses for that young adults employ....
-I can’t start at a church right now, I am not sure how long I will be here and I do not want to waist time getting to know people and then move.
-I can’t do anything about my problems at work... they are my bosses or co-workers fault, and I am just a helpless victim with no power or voice....
-I can’t really walk with God because my pastor is so lame... or he didn’t teach me the right things... or because my Church doesn’t have the things I need...
- I cannot really make a difference in my world because no one has told me specifically what I should do... I mean shouldn’t someone lay it out so I can do it...
-I cannot change my life because I am a helpless captive waiting for God to provide my deliverance...
My thought... Maybe we need to take some responsibility for our lives...