Monday, October 03, 2005

The Chronicles of the Early Church & My friend M.

http://www.apple.com/ipodnano/

Thanks to my friend M, I now own a black nano. The same M is why I own an Xbox and 8 games and multiple controllers. M, I think is maybe the most generous person I have ever met. I mean that. I think that he takes the the Chronicles of the Early Church (acts) very seriously. It seems like whenever he has some blessing that I have not yet been able to purchase, that it is his responsibility to help me to also have it.
The Early Church Chronicles state that, "All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they shared everything they had (4:32)... There were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned lands or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales and... it was distributed to anyone as they had need (4:34)"
I think that I have a long way to go to get there... my friend Kurt, he does a great job with this too. He works with high school students, and I know that he sacrificially gives of what he has, to demonstrate that it is not really his. M. gave me my Xbox, because we were playing it at his house, and he mentioned how cool it would be for me to have it for when I had students over... one minute later he had it packed up and was pushing a xbox laden box into my hands. I protested... it is humbling to be given a truly great gift... but it meant so much to me. He have me his Xbox... He bought me a Nano... I think sometimes people are lucky to get a b-day card from me...